Friday, July 04, 2008

I'm very sad....

I just got a very sad e-mail from Zenny, who was my best friend in the entire world for all of junior high and high school and for quite a few years after that. Her mom, who was one of my favoritest people in the world, passed away. I really, really loved Ann, she was a most excellent person. I got to do so many great things that I would not have been able to do without her. Going on the field trip to see the murals in Minneapolis, picketing when the post office was on strike (I still remember "Working for Runyan gives us bunions" or whatever it was that we chanted as we marched), going to Tybee Island in GA.... There are so many fun memories. I'm glad I have those.

The memorial service is on my birthday. There should be a rule against funerals on your birthday. You should never, ever have to feel sad on that day. With this happening on top of knowing that we are going to start looking at assisted living facilities for my mom, I am very sad and could really use a pedicure. ZarahZou, when is the next Saturday you are free? Not that a pedicure will cure what ails me, but it would be an hour where I could escape from reality. I could use a break from real life.

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

I'm sorry.