Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I heart stickers......

So I haven't blogged for awhile because I just haven't felt like it. I don't really want to write about serious issues, and since I am dealing with a serious issue, it's been easier not to blog. But since real life is not going to just go away, I will have to deal with reality sometime. Just not in my blog. I want it to be light-hearted, maybe even slightly humourous. So, therefore, I shall not address any real issues and concerns. Because I don't want to and I don't have to. Maybe once I sort out my mind, I can write about my mom's health. So just because I don't write it doesn't mean that it is not on my mind every waking hour.

So, moving on, I should probably note that my heart has been shattered in my fantasy life. I hate, hate, hate my addiction my websites like mncriminals.com. I have been trying hard to stay away, and it's been months, but I went there today. And I entered the name of my most favoritest basketball player ever. The basketball player that I have been lusting after for freaking 10 years. The only man I would ever drop everything and run away with. My one and only true love (besides, of course, my husband). So, anyhow, his name came up with a violation. Turns out my dream man got himself a dwi in June. I know that plenty of good people get dwi's. Just not the people that I am planning on living on a secluded island with. I thought he was smarter than this. He's freekin' loaded, no reason he should be behind the wheel risking his life and the lives of others. I'm not quite sure how to deal with this. 10 years of dreams and fantasies down the drain. I suppose to some people, a dwi isn't a major deal-breaker. But to me(maybe because of my families history with alcoholism??) it just might be. He's 30. He's lived in 7 different countries. He should be old enough and responsible enough to figure out a back up plan. Maybe I can get past this. Or, maybe I should grow up and get over my crush on some guy I'll likely never meet (although I do have his autograph). The end.

Saturday night I went to the Tokio Hotel concert. Wow! I was not (and might still not be) a huge fan, but something about being that close to the stage was amazing. I was probably 7 rows away from the stage - it was standing room only. I got water thrown on me by either Bill or Tom (I don't know who's who). Zalyssa and Zemily were one row away from the stage. They swear that Tom or Bill made eye contact with them. They had a blast. We split up so that they could get closer, and the certainly did. I have never thrown more elbows at minors in my entire life. But people kept pushing into me, and it was really making me mad. I had to yell a couple of times because there was a kid a couple people in front of me that kept getting pushed into. I think I scared people because I was the only person that had foot room, leg room, and plenty of elbow room. And I got a thumbs up from the kids parents. But, memo to the guy dressed all in white that was missing a tooth that was pushing the heck out of me trying to get in front of me: 1) the all white didn't work, you look dumb. 2) You spit in my hair when you talked because of your missing tooth. Not cool. Rather disgusting. A sign of dumbness 3) I hope the elbow in the ribs left a mark. I'm pretty sure you are dumb.

I am very glad I went to the concert. It was an excellent experience. And Tom and Bill (or is it Bob) are pretty hot, and they are totally over 18 so it's okay for me to say that. I never thought I'd dig the androgynous look, but it's working for them. And they do a great performance. I may buy a cd. Or I may not. I'm getting old for celebrity crushes. And since I may have ended my fantasy affair with the b-ball player, it would be unwise to replace him with 2 rockstars not even old enough to drink.

Oh, my weigh-in update- total lost as of 8/16 is 19.4 pounds. I have changed my weigh in meeting day to Saturday mornings at 8:15. That seems to fit in better with my newly redesigned life. I hate getting up that early on a Saturday, but it's the only way I can work it out to be able to help my mom with breakfast on Saturdays. So, I guess I gotta do what I gotta do. I would really like to hit 20 pounds on Saturday. Then I get a sticker. I like stickers. They make me happy. When I hit 20 pounds lost, I will officially be only 12 pounds overweight. 12 pounds away from the "normal" bmi. I started with an obese bmi, so I am making progress. But it will be nice to be normal. And hopefully healithier. And in a smaller size. Ok, that's it for now.

2 comments:

Gaft Girl said...

I'm glad you have a possible replacement crush. Replacement crushes could be really important in getting over some basketball guy. I don't like basketball, thus don't like basketball guys. Congrats on your weight loss. I want to lose weight, too. Well, technically, I want to lose extra skin. Can weightwatchers do that? If you ever need someone to talk to about your mom, let me know. I'll listen.

Gaft Girl said...

And I might even give you a sticker. The boy likes stickers too. You should see his potty. Maybe that would make you feel better - everytime you go potty put a sticker on your potty. See if ZickyZou or Zalyssa notices. :-)