Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Over two weeks

since I last wrote an entry. Wow! What is happening to me. That is unacceptable. I have just been so preoccupied with things- my dad was in the hospital, I'm getting a root canal (and I had a killer toothache), school clothes shopping, family picnics, oh, and wedding plans. So much to do, so little time.

It's past my bedtime, but I get to sleep in for about 45 minutes tomorrow because I have a dentist appt. at 8:00 am to finish my root canal. And I get to pay $250 to get it done. What a treat. A trip to the dentist and an increased balance on my visa. But, good news- by charging it on my amazon.com visa I will have accrued enough points to get a $25 amazon.com gift card. What a deal.

Family picnic in Becker on Saturday. And I get to make two dishes, my parents and my own. I am soooo lucky. Plus I don't even get to enjoy any picnic foods since I am on nutrisystem. I did decide to make my bachlorette party an exception and I plan to consume at least 2500 calories worth of tequila. I'm not making an exception for the picnic since there will be other picnics in my future. There will not, however, be any other bachlorette parties in my honor. So I need to drink. A lot.

I just had the best dessert. Nutrisystem chocolate-chocolate chip pudding. It was so good. Some of the food is really, really good. For dinner tonight I had green pepper steak w/ rice. I didn't expect to like it, but it was surprisingly good. I dumped it over a plate of cooked frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. I am eating so much cooked broccoli. I still don't like it, but when you dump a dinner over it, it tastes like the dinner's sauce. I have lost nearly 14 pounds so far. I am very excited about that. 14 down, 26 to go. Too bad the next 14 won't be quite as easy. Or maybe they will be??

Ok, my laundry is done so I should go fold my clothes before I go to bed. Need to be well-rested for the root canal.

No comments: