Friday, May 16, 2008

The weigh....

Last night was my first Weight Watcher's weigh in. I was very happy with the results. I lost 5.8 pounds the first week. Almost 6 pounds is a significant amount, in my opinion. I am pretty good at losing weight. I just wish I wasn't even better at gaining it back. I keep telling myself that this time it will be different because I'm more devoted, more dedicated, more inspired. But I start every time with those same thoughts. But maybe this time will be different. Plus, I'm really too broke to buy food, so that will certainly help. Weight Watchers is so easy, so I can't understand why I have had such problems in the past staying on track. It really is simple - you have a set amount of points for the day. When the points are gone, you are done eating. And I even had enough points to have a piece of cake on Mother's day. Oh, well. 5.8 down, 26.2 to go.

I'm starting to get really tan. And Florida is getting closer and closer. 5 weeks. I can't wait! I could really, really use a vacation. I like vacations.

So, are New Kids on the Block going to bring their tour to Minnesota? Because I'd really like to see them in concert again. It's been, um, a few years since I was 14 and attended my very first concert. I was convinced that Joey McIntyre was going to marry me. Things didn't exactly turn out as I had dreamed they would, but I guess my current reality is better than my junior high fantasy. Plus, he's not really as cute as I thought he was back then. And he's not nearly as successful in real life as he was in my dreams. Oh, well.

I got a new garbage can for the kitchen. It is much better than the old one. Only problem is that now I have 2 garbage cans in a kitchen that was hardly big enough for 1. I really need to clean my house, starting with the kitchen. The old one needs to go. Why am I so lazy and unmotivated? At least I'm wearing semi-clean clothes and I almost even brushed my hair today. I have some issues to work on. I'll start tomorrow.

Next Sunday I am going to North Dakota for my nieces graduation party. I can't believe that she's graduating high school already. I used to babysit her when she was 3 years old. Time flies. It is going to be challenging to stay on Weight Watcher's while going on a trip like this. Even though it's only 1 night, there is still so much to deal with. We are leaving at 7:00 in the morning and stopping for breakfast. So I need to plan for that. Then we'll be stopping for lunch. And then dinner. Then breakfast the next day. And maybe lunch. And I want to stay as on-track as possible. This is going to take some planning and motivation.

Ok, back to work......

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

If I'm still nesting and haven't had this baby soon, I'll come clean your kitchen. I'm a very good organizer person and I'm running out of things to clean here. Congrats on your weight loss. I didn't gain any weight this week. Yeah me!