Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I hate my treadmill....

I just had to say that. It works perfectly fine. But it makes my feet hurt and it makes tired. If only it would make me skinny.....I just saw an ad on myspace that said "Are you fat? Take this quiz to find out". Do people actually click on that crap? I don't really need an on-line quiz to tell me that I need to lose weight (I have my doctor for that). Do you type in your height and weight and then SHAZAM! it tells you if you're fat? Brilliant. I wonder if you have to put in you credit card # first.

Saturday zarahzou and I are co-hosting a Pampered Chef party. I am rather excited because I am going to make my favorite taco dip and I have been walking extra on the treadmill so that I can eat it and only feel slightly guilty. It's no wonder that I hate my treadmill. I have walked for 60 minutes a night, 4 (sometimes 5) nights a week for a month. I have eaten around 1500 calories most days, 1800 a couple of days. I have lost .5 pounds. Yes, that is half a pound. at that rate, I am going to walk 5,865,432 miles before I lose 10 pounds. And my doctor suggested I lose 20 to even consider going off the blood pressure medication.

Misszalyssa wants a new ipod. Since I just bought her a new phone, I told her that she needed to find a way to pay for it. She is returning her new Juicy Couture swimsuit (that I know she really wants to keep) and she is selling a bunch of stuff on ebay. Hopefully she'll get enough $. Selling stuff on ebay is a pain in the azz. But it's a good lesson for the princess - having to give up old stuff to get new stuff.

I just finished a book called "Damaged" by Cathy Glass. The book is very well-written, but the subject matter is extremely disturbing, especially since it is a true story. It's written by a lady who is a foster care provider and it's about one of the children she took in and the horrific abuse that the little girl suffered before being placed into foster care. When I finished it, I was deeply disturbed and sad. I read the whole book on Saturday because I couldn't put it down. I wanted a happy ending. But I don't think that there is truly happy ending for a child who is put through so much.

I also just finished "Honor Thyself" by Danielle Steele. It was okay. Just another Danielle Steele book. They are pretty much all the same. I am now reading a double novel by Harlan Coben. I think I may have read at least one of the two books before. Good thing my memory is shot. I can re-read a book and not even know it.

Zomeone that I e-mail every single work day, usually at least 100 e-mails a day back and forth got in trouble for sending me e-mails. I'm sad without being able to e-mail her. I told Zickyzou that she got in trouble for e-mailing me. He said that it was dumb she got into trouble. Then I told him how many e-mails we usually send and he said that we should both get written up. But the funny thing is, I get more work done when I'm e-mailing her than when I'm not. When I am e-mailing her, I have to stay at my desk and work super fast. When I'm not e-mailing her, it's easy to get up and walk around and talk to people or to get side-tracked and be doing something off of the computer.

Ok, it's 9:10 and I want to go to bed early.

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

Don't forget the part about me creating a hostile work environment. That's my favorite part.