Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tator tot hotdish

Tonight I made tator tot hotdish. Even thought ZickyZou doesn't really like it, it's something that both me and princess enjoy, so every so often I make it. And since I rinsed off the 93/7 hamburger and used 98% fat free cream of celery, it isn't terribly unhealthy. Except that the tator tots are my favorite part. And there is enough elftover that we can have it again on Thursday (we are having chicken tomorrow night since I already took it out of the freezer) and maybe even some left for Friday!

Last Friday night ZickyZou and I went to the Twins game. It probably would have been fun (awesome seats) but they lost. And plus ZickyZou promised to catch me a Justin Morneau home-run. Except the Twins didn't even score one run, let alone a home-run. That was sad. But it was a nice night out.

Next Saturday morning I have an appointment for my first pedicure of the season. I am meeting ZarahZou at the beauty school so we can both get our feet made pretty. Then we can go out to lunch and show them off. I miss e-mailing with her everyday. (sniffle...sniffle). But today I spent my work day learning about the quadratic equation. I am now a semi-expert on -b - the square root of b squared times 4 times a times b over 2a. I hope that's right since I've been chanting it to myself for the past 4 hours. I now think I know semi-enough to teach it to my daughter maybe. Except she doesn't want to learn it. And I really wish that someone would give me an example of how it applicable to real life. Plus, it doesn't make sense to me how a math problem can have 2 answers. Oh, well.

I just finished reading Duma Key, the newest Stephen King novel. It was actually not bad. I expected it to be crazy. I read Lisey's Story and couldn't believe that the brilliant guy that wrote The Stand wrote about Lisey. But, Duma Key helps him redeem himself. I just started the newest book by Harlan Coben, but I can't remember the name. It's okay so far, but I think I need to read something lighter next. Maybe I'll re-read a Shopaholic book.

MissZalyssa wants to get a job so that she can get another cat. I don't think that Tabby-Wabby would appreciate that. She doesn't even like that we live here, I can't imagine how she would feel about another animal.

Ok, I need to go over to my parents house to help my mom with something. Then the treadmill......

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

Yes, it does make sense that an equation has two answers. Its because of the x^2 in the original equation. The square means there are two answers. If it was x^3 you would have 3 posibilities for x. When do you get into real and imginary numbers? I heart math. We can discuss further during our pedicures, if you like.