Monday, March 12, 2007

Anyone know how to fix a garage door?

Ok, my garage door is not broken, but the keypad is. It will not open the door. There is nothing wrong with the door because it opens with the opener and the wall opener, just not with the keypad. I did the logical thing and changed the battery, but that didn't help. Just another crisis in the ongoing saga of me trying to be a homeowner.

I am really enjoying "Lisey's Story" by Stephen King. At first it was really hard to get into, but 250 pages into it I am having a hard time putting it down.

It's March Madness, and I am having a hard time caring. I seriously think I might be suffering from depression or maybe sun deprivation or something, because for the past 10 years + this has been my favorite, favorite, favorite time of the year. Like better than Christmas. I so loved the thought of hours upon hours of college basketball, the brackets, the high school tournaments. This year I only watched about 15 minutes of the selection show. On Selection Sunday, I read a book. What is wrong with me? Am I outgrowing basketball? I hope not. Maybe once the tourney starts, I'll be more into it.

I bought underwear in a package today. I don't recall ever having underwear in a package since they had cartoon characters on it. But I got 7 pair for $6.49. That is an awesome deal, even if there is no lace or flowers.

I rented The Departed. I probably won't get around to watching it for a few days, I love NO LATE FEES. And I have had only had to pay a $1.25 restocking fee a few times. I am terrible about returning movies. But I rent so many that I think I deserve to keep them a couple of extra days. We have the on-line Blockbuster thing and in addition we also probably average 8-10 rentals a month.

Ok, I am going to exercise since for dinner I had a piece of fried chicken from the Target deli. It was most excellent.

2 comments:

Gaft Girl said...

Our keyless entry thing is very picky - if you don't enter the code in the precise amount of time it likes it won't open. Have you tried talking sweetly to the door? Or threatening it?

I'm sure the tremendous amount of stress you are under at your job would not lead to depression.

Gaft Girl said...

How's my bracket doing? How's my bracket doing? Are we 30aires yet?