Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I think I'm okay....

I really thought I wouldn't be able to get into the whole March Madness thing, but then Duke lost and I laughed and then I knew that whatever was going on- I'm going to be fine. And the Maryland women's team is down by 20 and I am down-right giddy. Why, you may be wondering, do I think it is okay to find amusement in other people's misfortunes? Well, Duke and MD losing is like either of the Mr. Iowegians falling down the stairs. I don't really wish them bodily harm (usually), but I'd sure get a kick out of their arms flailing and their girlish screams as they tumbled down.

I am not entirely sure why I don't like Duke. I think it has to do with them being so dang good most years. Being a Gopher's fan is hard work. And it can be heartbreaking. And watching Duke succeed year after year just really sucks.

And Maryland, well, I have nothing against them personally. I just don't like the coach. I used to really like the coach before she walked out on the Gophers to go to MD. And she is a pretty good (that's the best I can do) coach and recruiter. And she let us all down.

I watched Dancing with the Stars last night. I am undecided on whether or not I will bother watching next week.

I am watching American Idol right now. I am voting for Sanjaya just because I can. I don't particularly like any of the contestants. And Paula scares me. Sanjaya hasn't even sung yet, but I still know that's who I'm dialing in for.

I spent $130 at Target on a gallon of milk and some notecards to send my sister. I recommend not shopping there if you just want to pick up a couple of things. I swear that a year ago a gallon of milk was only $40. Inflation!

I am hosting Easter dinner, if anyone chooses to come. I invited my parents, my Godparents, and my brother. ZickyZou is supposed to invite his parents and his brother. Let's see if he does. I asked him over a week ago to changed the burned out headlight in his car. And I am still driving around with one headlight.

I don't really want to talk about my bracket, but ZarahZou is doing quite well. I think she is a closet college basketball fan. Or else she's psychic. Or else she's really, really lucky.

Ok, MD is still down by 15 and there are 10 minutes left. Make it 17.
Go Ole Miss!!!!

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

I am not a closet basketball fan, just lucky. I am glad you are enjoying basketball. I am enjoying not watching basketball and running.