Sunday, March 25, 2007

I'm getting new carpet!

Ok, so originally Nick said no to new carpet. But then when I told him I'd pay for it myself, he conceded, and so now I can get it. Except now we really need it. I decided to paint the stairway and laundry area. The laundry area went fine, the stairway did not go so find. I spilled a lot of paint. Probably half a gallon. We woke up early on Saturday (9:00 am) to install the kitchen tile. We took a 20 minute break and got done at 3:00. Then I decided I'd start painging the laundry area. Then the stairway. I took a half hour break at 5:30. Around 9:00 I started to get mad that I was still painting. That's when I started getting sloppy. Around 10:30 I said "screw it" and started cleaning up. That's a long day of working. And I still have one more coat to do on two walls. But since I can't lift my arms, it's going to have to wait. I am so much pain.

How much would I have to pay ZarahZou to come over and reach the part of the ceiling I couldn't reach? I just needed about 3 more inches. I made such a mess with the paint. But at least I get new carpet.

Next weekend we leave for our "vacation". I'm excited to get away, even if it is only to Wisconsin. I'm also very excited to get a whole week off work. Except now I am going to have to spend a day painting.

Ok, off to finish my laundry!

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

I'm pretty cheap labor. Buy me a meal and I'm good to go. I love painting. Love it!