Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Favoritest is my favoritest word.....

I found a bottle of my very favoritest lotion while cleaning out my bathroom closet. It's from Mary Kay and is called Kisses by Candlelight. They retired the scent about 4 years ago, so this bottle is OLD. I decided to use it anyway because it smells(ed) so wonderful. So today I smell like 1/2 cinnamony-vanilly yumminess and 1/2 rancid. I hope when people get close to me they only detect the cinnamony-vanilly yumminess. I wish they'd bring the lotion back so I wouldn't have to smell half rancid.

I have a good tip for anyone who commutes to work. If you leave 10 minutes late for work because you just had to feed your virtual fish, there is a good chance you will arrive at work late. I don't actually know this from experience, but I'm guessing that's the way it works. Two days in a row. So if your virtual fish need fed, get up ten minutes earlier to take care of them to avoid being late.

I decided to wear my glasses today, since I did make an agreement with my eye doctor that I would only wear contacts half the week and I'd wear glasses the other half. So I got dressed and was certain I looked great. My hair was perfect, my remnants of acne scarring was exquisitely covered up, I acheived the perfect level of skin evenness, my eyes were expertly lined in a deep purple-plum.. then I put my glasses on and my hair turned into a ratty mess, the scars showed, my skin looked blotchy and pale, and my eyes looked racoonish. This is why I don't wear my glasses more often, they make me look terrible. So I applied an extra coat of blush, because that fixes everything.

I gave in to temptation and bought a new pair of pants so I would have something to wear. They are not a size 8, although I did try on the 8's. And I promptly returned them to the rack for a size (or 2) larger. Someday, hopefully soon, I will be able to wear an 8 again. I can't believe that just one year ago I was wearing an 8. I also can't believe what a huge difference 10 (or 15) pounds makes. But because I'm so undertall, and tend to gain weight in the midsection, 15 pounds is two sizes. Not really fair, but entirely my fault. Eat less, exercise more. And I really am trying to do just that.

I wish I lived with someone who could give me fashion advice. When I ask "Does this look okay", the Zalyssa-monster tells me "Yes" just so I'll leave her alone. And ZickyZou says "You look great in everything you wear" because he thinks I'm fishing for a compliment. But I'm not a fisher-person, I just really want to know if the colors and styles coordinate and if if the top looks a little bit sexy or a lotta bit trashy. I never ask unfair questions like "does this make me look fat". I have a scale to answer that question. I want to know if I match. I'd like them to be more helpful.

Ok, work to do......

No comments: