Friday, October 09, 2009

Friday.....I'm in love

Not only is it Friday, and I'm blogging, but I have started to reestablish my infatuation-relationship with the English language. I don't think we'll get past the honeymoon stage, but for today I'm in heart with it. I have always wanted to use the word thwarted in a sentence where it fits. And now I finally have one. It is one of the coolest words ever because of the thw combo. Yes, you may call me a nerd or whatever other name you feel suits me. it is a very multipurposeful word.

Anyhow, my plans about letting the bank have my house have been thwarted. My adjustable mortgage rate has adjusted. To 4.375%. I expected it to remain stable or even adjust UP to the current rate. But, no, it goes down. I cannot walk away from 4.375. It's too good of a rate. So I'm thinking we are going to be stuck in this house for at least another year. Our payment went down over $100 and now the payment is less than the rent would be on the rental I was looking at. My dreams of a swimming pool have been thwarted. And I got to use thwarted twice (or 3 times?) in one paragraph.

Another word I have been liking is electronical. I'm not sure it's actually a word, but it sure sounds cool. Maybe it will catch on.

I'm quite clothesetically challenged at the moment. I'm pretty sure I made up the word clothesetically. Nothing in my flipping closet fits me. I need to lose 10 pounds if I want to wear pants this winter. And since pants are typically not optional at work, I am increasing my workouts. Yes, I could wear skirts, but those don't fit either. It's been a long six months, and I'm okay with only gaining 10 pounds with all the stress I've been under. But don't you think I should have lost weight with all of the hardcore 5k training? And I am now walking 2-3 miles at least 5 times a week. I can't run right now because I'm waiting for the PAINFUL shin splints to heal. One of my poor shins still hurts. But at least I finished a 5k in a semi-decent time. The plan is to do another one in April, and then a 10k next September. This should allow ample time for my shin to heal. The time goal for April is 35 minutes. That should be no problem. Maybe a marathon is not so far-fetched. Or maybe it is. I guess we'll see.

I still have not changed my mind about Favre being a whiny crybaby, but I will say that if he gets me a ring I will apologize to him on my blog and take back 62% of what I said about him. Or maybe 68% if the game is a blowout.

I have to make a heart wrenching decision about what to do with my hair. I'm due for a trim, but do I just trim or do I cut. I don't know if I'm ready to go with a new style, but I would really like a change. I have not colored my hair for a year and I am very happy with the natural color, even though some people don't believe that it's my real color. But now what do I do with it style-wise? Do I grow it out? Or cut it all off? I'm so torn and confused.

I can not wait for the start of the college bball season. If I was counting, which I'm not, I would say that we're about 35 days, 12 hours, 14 minutes, and 11 seconds away from the season opener. But since I'm not counting, the time is not exact. I could be off by a few seconds. I

Back to work.....

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

Thwank you. You made me gwiggle.