Thursday, January 04, 2007

I'm cranky...

OK, here's why I'm cranky today. Zalyssa helped a friend babysit on New Years Eve. The lady they babysat for gave Zalyssa $10 and her friend $12. The friends mom told the friend that the lady should not have paid Zalyssa. She made friend feel bad. She suggested that friend get the $10 and give it back to the lady they babysat for. Friend somehow made Zalyssa feel bad about taking the money, so Zalyssa gave it back to friend. Ok, that's not the problem. Here's the problem. Zalyssa used her gift card to rent two movies for them and the kids to watch. This leaves Zalyssa with a net profit for the night of -$8.00 and some change. This doesn't seem right to me. Had "friend" returned the $10 and then split the $12 with Zalyssa, that'd be okay. Or returned the $12 ands split the $10. Either way. It just does not seem fair to me that they both do the work and only one gets paid and it costs the other one money.

This bothers me even more because over the past four years that they have been friends, I have taken Zalyssa and friend to countless movies and numerous restaurants and paid the bill. Friend has stayed over night at our house more times than I could even count. Eaten our food, used our shower, etc, etc. And this has never been reciprocated. And not once, not once, have either of the parents thanked me. But yet the mom makes a big deal out of the $10 that Zalyssa earned???

And it's not even that. They are continuously telling friend that my child is bad. Smart-mouthed, whatever. And yes, my child is far from perfect. And she would probably kick a person if they deserved it. But she would never kick a cat, and for that, I think she's just fine. In fact, I think she's a great kid. So what if she is failing government and she talks back to me. I still thinks she's great. And it is far from okay for you to say anything bad about her.

And another thing, what do you expect your child to learn when they know that you are ILLEGALLY downloading movies from the internet. In case you don't know, although I am sure you do, THAT IS STEALING. And you can say lots and lots and lots of bad things about me, but I do not steal. And you do. Downloading movies like you do is legally, morally and ethically wrong. What kind of example are you setting?

Ok, that's it.

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

So, what happened to the $10? Did her friend keep it or give it back? Here is my two cents. The mother of the kids who they babysat for choose to give Zalyssa $10. She didn't have to. If she didn't think Zalyssa should be paid, she wouldn't pay her. The rule is if you do half the work, you get half the pay.