Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It's not Thursday....

but it really feels like Thursday. I can't even say how many times today I have thought "Thankfully tomorrow is Friday". Only tomorrow is not Friday because today is not Thursday.

I am currently reading "Everyone Worth Knowing" by Lauren Weisberger. It is really good so far. I wish I had more time to read.

The gophers are down by 4. I really hope they can win this one.

The football number lady came by my desk today waving cash and telling me I won. Now wouldn't I know if I won since my dad is supposedly writing down the scores as the games happen? She asked me if I had 0 & 5. I said I didn't know, and I didn't think I had won. But she insisted I did. So I took the money and told her I'd let her know. So I called my dad and asked him to grab the numbers and the scorecard. Then I asked him for the scores, and I added them up and it looked like we won. Now my dad is normally the smartest person I know. I asked him what 24 and 26 would be and he said 6. So I asked him to look again. He said 6. I then advised him that according to my calculator it was 10, and so 0 & 5 wins. Then all he said was "What in the hell was I thinking". And I left work with $90.

I gave my dad $60 since I owe him for my tires and my printer. I then had $30. I stopped at Target to get milk, toilet paper, and paper towels. I also got 5 pounds of oranges, 2 pounds of carrots, 2 boxes of Christmas cards for next year and 5 packages of christmas present boxes. My total was $30.02. AWESOME!

Ok, I am going to get back to the game. Maybe my cheering will help.

No comments: