Thursday, April 05, 2007

"I am Charlotte Simmons"

Well, I'm not Charlotte Simmons, but I did read a book with that title. It was quite excellent. Combining my two favorite things - college basketball and reading- how could it get any better?? And I have just started Shopaholic and Baby, I should be done with it before I go to bed. I can't wait to find out whether or not Becky Brandon nee Bloomwoods husband is cheating on her. And is the baby a boy or a girl??

I returned home safely from my trip with a beautiful new handbag. We stopped at the outlet mall and I got the cutest purse at Wilson's. It's turquoise and so so so cute.

Our vacation was great. We went exploring in Superior and found a Dollar Store, Walmart, Kmart and Target. And we ate at Applebee's twice. (I highly recommend the shrimp skewer salad on the Weight Watchers menu- yum). I found 50% more free bottles of V05 tea therapy conditioner at the dollar store, so I bought 7 bottles. We swam, sat in the hot tub, I watched Ohio St get their backsides kicked, I read, relaxed. Glad to be home, I have lots to clean to get ready for Easter dinner. Conveniently Nick has to work on Saturday, so all the cleaning falls to me. Nice.

I did get ZarahZou some treats, but I did not have as much getting them as I expected because Zalyssa's friend Zemily didn't quite get the whole "my treat" thing. I suggested we find some rocks in the parking lot to bring to ZarahZou, and she said "That's dumb, why would you bring your friend rocks?" Uh, because I can. I suggested we collect the crumbs from the bottom of the toaster, again "That's dumb". Duh- that's the point. Then she asked if ZarahZou would prefer a Superior keychain. I told her that anybody could get a keychain, I want things that nobody else would think of. Then Zemily told me that ZarahZou probably doesn't know anyone else visiting Superior right now, so she wouldn't get another keychain. I was getting annoyed. She ruined the spirit of treats. So, I found a couple of things, but didn't want to spend to much time looking for fear that I would throw Zemily down the stairs.

Zalyssa, Zemily and I went to see "The Reaping" today. Very good.

Ok, that's it for now. It's 8:00 and I haven't even made dinner yet.

No comments: