Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Has it really been 9 days...

since my last blog? wow, doesn't seem like that long.

I started Nutrisystem. I have been strictly following the program since the 19th. So far, so good. Most of the food has either been really good or tolerable. Only really NASTY thing was the turkey with balsamic vinaigrette. Holy nasty. Like really, really bad. It sounds good, but it is bad. I even semi-enjoyed the tuna casserole that people on the website told me to not even bother opening. I fried up a bunch of green peppers, red peppers, onions and celery and mixed it in. it tasted like peppers. Not sure I'd want it again, but it was edible. And I have already lost 3 pounds. I have given up my goal of losing 57 pounds by September. I'll take 15.

I went to see Hairspray with ZarahZou. She had popcorn (and was nice enough to skip the icee) while I ate cucumber slices and a large diet coke. Note- large diet coke is way too much to drink in the first half of a movie. I think this may be the first movie I have gone to where I didn't have popcorn and an icee. And I didn't die or anything. The movie was really good, but I think I like the original better.

I am for surely getting married in September, but we still have not chosen a date. We decided to go to the chapel in the Mall of America. Cheesy? Yes. But it is a good middle ground between a real wedding and going to the courthouse. We are just waiting for my sister to book her airline ticket. She has exactly about 2 more days before we just choose a date and if she's here, she's here. I'd like her to be there, but we can't wait much longer.

Nick wants to go see The Simpson's this weekend, but I just don't know if I can do another movie without popcorn. I may be better off skipping it. I'm sure he can find someone else to go with. Plus (is this sacrilegious) I don't really care one way or the other about the Simpson's. Kind of a take 'em or leave 'em kind of thing.

Ok, I should go make dinner for my starving child.

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

My jaw is on the floor. You do not want to see the Simpson's movie!? Are you crazy? I would go and eat cukes with you just so you don't have to feel left out of the no popcorn thing.