Wednesday, June 20, 2018

But it's the wrongs that make the words come to life.....

It's Wednesday. I've been working from home for the past several days. Friday because it was Friday. Monday because I had a half day of PTO so I could meet ZarahZou for a pedi. Yesterday because I had my annual physical in the morning. I've noticed that I actually work longer when I'm working from home. I used to be afraid that there would be too many distractions, but I started working in my bedroom so there's no tv and the kitchen is several rooms away. This seems to work well for me.

My pedi was fantastic. Below is a picture. I opted for flowers on my big toes, because why not?? And of course I screwed up one of the flowers before I even left the nail salon. Also pictured are the shoes I was so excited to get on sale. I paid way more for them than anyone should pay for a pair of basic brown flats. But I was excited because they were brown (a color I needed in my shoe wardrobe) and that they were Coach. But, I have to say that they are the most uncomfortable pair of shoes I own. I'm rather disappointed. It may be because I have been wearing insoles or shoes with extra support, but these are completely flat. I'll wear them because they match, but I'm going to need several pedi's to undo the damage.

My physical was routine and uneventful, which is exactly what you'd hope for at a doctors appointment. I'm still obese with acne, so that hasn't changed. I am so thankful that I have a wonderful doctor. I've been seeing her for almost 25 years. I don't know what I'd do if she left. I could never get another doctor all caught up. Plus, she's very nice. Direct and honest, but nice about it. I'm very lucky to have a doctor I like and trust.

Today's Lula is a Cassie, a Classic and a Lindsay. Note that my fingernails match the Classic so perfectly that you'd think I planned it. I didn't.

And my shoes and pedicure: 


ZarahZou and I at the nail salon. 



 And some of my assorted Lula from the past few days:





Fall Out Boy - Thnks fr th Mmrs

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

I love us. And I love that flower striped top.