Monday, June 25, 2018

But today the way I play the game is not the same, no way.....

Monday. I had a fantastic weekend,  but it was way too short. Saturday was M's birthday, and we started the day with breakfast at Denny's. And then had a nice, relaxing day. Sunday was the Pride parade. More on that later. Last night was dinner at Portillo's and then some games at Dave & Busters. I've never been to either place, so yay for new experiences. Portillo's was very good, but rather spendy. I had the Italian Beef sandwich with mozzarella, and had it dipped. So it was soggy. I don't think I like the sogginess. I'm skipping the dipping next time.

Okay, so the parade.....As per usual, the parade was fantastic. Once it started. It was delayed for over an hour by a BLM protest. And then stopped for 45 minutes by a second protest. Now, I am 100% behind the Black Lives Matter cause. I support it and I agree with it. I'm not even going to get into systemic racism and white privilege. Both are most definitely real and harmful. I just really don't think that interrupting the celebration of another highly persecuted group is within the spirit of BLM. Both groups face discrimination at levels I will never fully be able to comprehend. And I totally and absolutely believe that there was a place at Pride for BLM. But I don't think delaying and interrupting the parade supports your cause. I would have sent a marcher with a sign along the route with each float. Or between each float. Things need to change, and we need to talk about it. But not at the expense of another group of humans facing discrimination.

Ok, on to my Lula of the day. A Cassie and an Irma:
George Michael - Freedom '90

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

Not only are you fashion, you are also very wise.