Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday, Monday

One week (well, less than a week now) until Six Flags! I think I may be more excited to get out of going to work for two days than I am for going to an amusement park. And that, IMHO, is sad! No one should dread going to work. I guess the worst part is that less than a year ago, I was perfectly content. Then ZarahZou started working there, and it really started to suck. Not because she was there, but because her arrival coincided with Voldemort actually taking on managerial-like duties. Then he gave her my job. Again, not her fault. And I would probably be perfectly content with my current job if my "manager" was not such an over-analytical, highly unqualified dum-bass. No one should cringe out of fear every time their manager walks by out of fear that he will request an interpretation of a spreadsheet or ask you to e-mail him a response to something so that he can call it his own work and appear that he knows what he's doing. It is 7:00 at night, I am not typing any more about my job. I want to believe that I left it at the door.

My sister who is in Iraq is coming home for 2 weeks in September. And my younger sister who lives in Maine is planning a trip home with my 3-year old nephew for that same time. And hopefully I will be able to take a couple of days off work to spend time with them. I better ask soon so that "they" don't try to deny my request since ZarahZou will in Hawaii, and I will probably be stuck doing her job in addition to mine. FYI (last time I write about anything work-related tonight) I will not be doing her job and my job. I will walk out the door before that happens. I will work three shifts at McDonalds. I am a team player, but there is a limit to how much stress my pending ulcer can take.

The Twins are up 7-0 in the bottom of the 2nd. Why couldn't they (8-0 now) get a couple of those runs against Detroit??? They traded Lohse. Whatever is my dad going to do with the Lohse trading cards I gave him for his birthday last year? He is definitely not a Lohse fan. When he opened his cards (Thank you, eBay) he sighed, swore, and then conceded that it was certainly an original, thoughtful present. I am pretty sure he is storing the cards with the Daunte ones he got for Christmas 2 years ago. (Big Daunte fan, too). They are either in storage, or he threw them away.

ZickyZou is working the 12-9 shift all this week. His shop doesn't have air conditioning. This means he comes home cranky. Can't blame him. He works really hard in the icky heat.

I got an unusual chain-letter type e-mail called a recipe chain or something. You e-mail recipe to the #1 person on the list, and then remove the #1 person, move the #2 person to #1 and add yourself as #2. Supposedly you get 36 recipes sent to you. So does "Pour cereal, add milk, eat with spoon count as a recipe? I guess I could make some changes to the quiche recipe and send that. Or Zick's favorite "Stuff in a pan". I'll sleep on it. And who do I send the e-mail out to that will send out recipes? ZarahZou? Do you have a good recipe?

ZarahZou comes up on spell-checker as garage. Odd. ZickyZou tries to correct as sickish.

Since the Twins are up and they can't send Lohse out (WOO-HOO!!!) I am going to take quick shower. I should be out just in time to see them lose an 8 run lead!

No comments: