Monday, July 24, 2006

Susie resigns and no cares but me???

So, the coach of the MN Lynx resigned in the middle of the season, and it was not even on the front page of the STrib. Susie McConnell-Serio was one of only a couple of female coaches in the WNBA. She played college ball at Penn State (First Team Kodak All-American), went to the olympics twice, played in the WNBA, and was named Coach of the Year in 2004. Why am I sharing that with you? Because it's my blog and I can write whatever I want. Also, it makes me quite cranky that no one but me seems to care. Flip gets fired and they break into television shows to talk about it. Whatever.

Leftover quiche for dinner. It is better reheated then it was to begin with.

Tomorrow night is our last softball game. I really wish I could play better.

We (me, Zalyssa, and her friend) are going to Six Flags in about 3 weeks. What should be the most interesting part is the 5 hour drive to janesville, WI where we are staying in a hotel. 5 hours with two 14 year olds! yikes! But it will be nice to get away for a few days, and MissZalyssa will not be able to claim that I don't ever take her on a vacation. It's been a couple of years since our last trip- we (me and Zalyssa) went to Maine to visit my sister 2 years ago. Then a year before that we (me, ZickyZou, and Zalyssa) went to Orlando. A couple years before that we (all 3 of us) went to Phoenix, and then a few years before that we (me and Zalyssa) went to Georgia. In between were a couple of trips to North Dakota (where my oldest sister lives) and "Up North" to visit family. No matter what she tries to tell people, she is well-vacationed. I never even got on an airplane until I was 21 and went to Vegas. Zalyssa was 5.

Ok, I think I am going to take a shower and go to bed early. I like my bed.....

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

I took my first flight when I was 6 months old. I flew my first plane when I was 7 years old. Just kidding. I did convince one of my cousin's that she could fly if she jumped out of the hayloft. She couldn't fly.