Tuesday, November 17, 2015

And looking back now, Ain't it funny how I've been trying to get back home, yeah.....

I know it's not Wednesday, but I felt like I needed to step on the scale today. I'm glad I did, because I'm down 3 pounds from last week. I find this amazing considering I feel bloated and gross. I'm so very happy about this!

At work on Friday we are having a "Vikings/Packers game day potluck" and are supposed to bring the types of food you'd eat during a game. And we are supposed to dress in our team colors. But I absolutely cannot wear my jersey and risk the good luck its been bringing. So I need to find some other purple to wear. I'm thinking I will wear my purple boots because I love them. And maybe just a sweatshirt? I don't know. Just anything except my jersey. Maybe I will bring a veggie platter so I can eat something without it affecting my points and weight.

So I saw a post on Facebook that said "I'm not a rock, don't take me for granite". I thought it was cute. It reminded me of these pins my dentist used to give out that said "Ignore your teeth and they'll go away". I guess it's because if you replace "teeth" with "people" it makes a lot of sense. And I try really hard to not take any of the important people in my life for granted. There are so few people in my life that are truly important to me, and I need to remember to cherish these relationships. I know I'm a hard person to get close to, I don't like letting people in. When you let people in and when you need them in your life and you trust them, that's when they also have the power to destroy you. I don't like needing people. But there are a small number of people I need in my life. And I hope I never take them for granted. Or for granite, since they aren't rocks. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYVUy_jgCcU

No comments: