Monday, November 23, 2015

me gusta cantar

it's 10:30 Monday night and I just gave Layla back to her mom. I spent several hours talking to her, she's a great listener when she's not crying. I told her all about the Vikings game. She is not nearly as devastated about the loss as I am. I know it's just one game, one week, but it was supposed to be this wonderful experience. Seeing the game with someone super special, and a huge win that would set the tone for the rest of the season. Although I had a fantastic time, I wanted it to be the best night ever. And it wasn't because of the loss. I mean, I had the perfect night. Except for the loss. Maybe we can try it again someday.

I just finished making my grocery shopping list for thanksgiving. I love holidays, but they so make me miss my mom. Not in a sad way, but in a I wish she was here to celebrate with us kind of way. I really could use some motherly advice, and I know she would tell me what I should do. Above all else, she wanted her kids to be happy. And I know she would just want me to be happy, no matter what I needed to do to get there.

I haven't been up this late in a long time. I think I'm going to watch another episode of Medium and go to bed. I'm sleeping on our new couch, and it is so comfortable!!!

This is what I was singing to Layla tonight, but I made up my own words in Spanish. She seemed to like it, and me gusta cantar (I like to sing).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_xVZtNtFnlQ

No comments: