Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'm her mom, dang it!

Ok, so MissZalyssa had a really bad stomach-ache. Moaning and crying bad. And it's been bad for about 3 days and she has a fever. So I left work early to take her to see the doctor since she stayed home from school today. So, the reception told me I couldn't sign the forms since I'm her sister. Then I said "I'm her mom". Then the receptionist-lady says "You look more like her sister". So I threw a pen at her. Well, not really but I wanted to. Then we went and saw the doctor and the doctor decided on x-rays after she did urine tests, blood tests, and an exam. The nurse who came to get Alyssa to go to x-rays asked if I wanted to come with. Then she said "And your her sister?". Jeesh. "I'm her mom!". You would think with the was that the media talks about the epidemic of teenage pregnancy that it would not be unusual for a younger mother to bring her child into the doctors office and actually be the mom. My doctor knows I'm the mom. Do I have to wear a sign? I'm the mom. I may be only 31, but I can still recall the pain and terror of giving birth 14 &1/2 years ago. If she's not my child, then some other 14 year old is.

Anyways, the poor childs stomach. The doctor was unable to determine a cause. She ended up with "Maybe an ulcer or some sort of irritation in the stomach, probably". Then she wrote her a prescription for Prilosec and (Good news!) I am taking her back to see the doctor on Saturday morning at 8:30 am for a follow-up. Lovely! I just hope MissZalyssa feels better soon.

My favoritest friend, ZarahZou baked me a loaf of bread. She is so nice. I really miss working with her. (sniffle, sniffle). But I left it on my desk. Ten bucks says that MissScuzzy ate it as soon as I left. Well, I ripped off a huge chunk for breakfast, but she probably ate the rest.

ok, shower time....

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

At least you don't get asked (any more, at least) "are you his (her) babysitter?" "Is that your nephew (neice)?" "How old are you?" "Did you mean to get pregnant?"