Tuesday, May 22, 2018

That crown you're wearin' is just your halo turned upside down.....

Today started off swell when I spilled half my coffee. My cup tipped over while I was driving and I had forgotten to close the lid. Totally my fault, and totally dumb on my part. It won't happen again for at least another week.

Last night I had a great dinner with some old friends. I haven't seen Jossy in like 100 years. She seems to be doing well, and I'm happy about that. And if I ever tell you that my yacht is in the shop, that is because it is our new answer to EVERY question. How are you today? My yacht is in the shop. Want to hang out Friday? My yacht is in the shop. And so on and so forth. Silly? Yes. But you have to be able to laugh at dumb stuff.

We are tentatively planning on going to Valley Fair this weekend. But it is supposed to be 210 degrees, so I don't know. Doesn't a movie in the AC sound better?

My local radio station does what they call the "Loon Riddle of the Day". It's called that because when they announce it, they play a loon sound. And also, the loon is the MN state bird, I think. Anyhow, I have successfully gotten every single one right until today. I sort of feel like a failure, even though it was rather hard. The riddle is "Why can't you say the number 288 to your grandma?" The only answer I could come up with is "my yacht is in the shop.....and the marina is closed". Once I heard the right answer, it makes total sense, but I could have thought about it for 111 years and I would never have figured it out. The answer is, of course, that "it's too (two) gross". Hopefully tomorrow's riddle is a bit easier.

Today's Lula is leggings, a Perfect and a Lindsay.

Last nights dinner Lula was leggings and a Perfect

Suzy Bogguss -Outbound Plane

2 comments:

Gaft Girl said...

Can you say, "I say, my good man, my yacht is in the shop" in an obnoxious English accent? PS yacht is a funny word.

Unknown said...

Yacht IS a funny word, now that you mention it.