Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Holy lots of mail!

So, I get home from work to discover that MissZalyssa has gotten the mail. Highly unusual, but whatever. She also, unknowingly, got some of the neighbors mail since it was mixed in with ours. When you take out the neighbors 2 pieces, the total was: Zennie Zou = 12 piece, ZickyZou = 1, Current resident = 1, Our friends at 12345 = 2. That's a lot of mail for one day. And most of it was good, only 1 bill! Assorted catalogs, my 2 Walgreens rebate gift cards, my new Wells Fargo check card, and best of all the book I just ordered from half.com called "I Hate Other People's Kids" by Adrianne Frost. I can't wait to start reading it.

I told ZarahZou I would look for the remaining Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich. I am certain that they are in my bookshelf, but they might be in the second layer since I was limited to only one bookshelf. In my next house in my next life, I am going to have a huge library. I love books. I just wish that I read slower and that I retained what I read for more than one second. Immediately following a book, I could probably tell you the story word for word. Two minutes later, it's all gone. Although I do still have most of the "Divorce Express" memorized. Rearrange the letters in the word parents and you get entraps. That's how I'm feeling now, trapped with nowhere to go...." Pretty cool and useless, huh? It actually could be "trapped with no place to go", but it's been 10 years since I read the book, plus who cares?

MissZalyssa is at tutoring. I need to leave in 15 minutes to pick her up. But, if I left now, I could sit in the car and read my new book. When I get home, I am going to throw the scalloped potatoes in the oven, and then dig through my book shelf. Yeah, I think I'll leave now. I really can't wait to find out why Adrianne hates other people's kids.

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

When we were little, my sister and I used to fight over who got to be "current resident." I thought about naming Baba "Current Resident," but decided against it. He was also going to be Zebulon Isaac Thaddeous (ZITS).