Thursday, August 31, 2006

Where to start???

Ok, so ZarahZou's last day was Tuesday I am very sad about that. Who is going to check my e-mail? There is no way that NG (NewGuy) or Dumbly or Mumbly are getting access to my e-mail. I am not leaving them my passwords. ZarahZou is the only one I have ever trusted with my passwords. (Except for the fact that they are written on post-it notes stuck to my computer screen).

I almost quit yesterday when I discovered that Mr.Neville forwarded the story that Zarah and I wrote for our company newsletter over to the mumbly one to review. The article was not rocket science and was pretty straight-forward and standard. Why did he not trust us enough to write the article? If it was a technical article then maybe I could understand why it needed to be reviewed. But it wasn't technical or scientific. It just listed what needs to be included in a submission. That was the last article I write for the stupid newsletter. I am not even going to get into the fact that they made some changes involving lots of "you's" and slash marks//////. Plus Mr. Neville came to discuss with me today because I didn't show up for our 10:00 meeting. Want to know why I wasn't there? Because the meeting was at 10:30.

I did inform Mr. Neville that I was not going to participate in the Iowa tracking spreadsheet. I tried to explain how I was uncomfortable with the idea and how I believe that it will only escalate the problems and create more tension between me and Iowegians if we TATTLE to their sales manager. I suggested that instead I will just quit requesting credits without a reason, and send the rep a note telling them they need to provide the justifications before I go back to the market. I then proposed a scenario to him that involved him doing something wrong and instead of me asking him to do it differently, I just went to Mark and told Mark to deal with it. Wouldn't Neville appreciate it if I first gave him a fair chance to correct the problem. He was dumbfounded for a minute, but then he agreed that perhaps I was right. Perhaps??? We ended our meeting with me trying to explain football and downs and scoring. It was a long meeting. He also admitted to being a fair-weather Twins fan. I guess the weather isn't fair enough yet, because he wasn't aware that they are in a heated race for the wild card. Watching baseball is the American way. I suppose next week he'll tell me he doesn't eat apple pie.

One more day of work then I get a four-day weekend. I would be more excited about having Tuesday off, but mr. mumbles is on vacation, so that leaves Dumbledork in charge as the sole CAR, unless you count NG. Now I realize that NewGuy thinks he could run the place, but he has been sending some of his faxes to our fax machine instead of to the markets. Instead of telling him he's dumb, I have just been resending them to the correct place. What is going to happen when it's just dumbles and NG? Other than the conversation about how both of them are way to smart to be doing a job that they CHOSE to do.

First day of high school for my dear daughter. High school! I can hardly believe it. I feel so old. At least we are finally almost done with the shopping part. Just one more pair of jeans.

I am going to go for a quick walk before I come home and make dinner. Just once around the path, which is just over 20 minutes. Hopefully ZickyZou will come home early enough to walk with me again. But he has been getting home at 8:30-9:00.

Ok, off to the path.....

No comments: