Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I'm baaaack....

In case anyone missed me. I am back from a long, long, long road trip. And my back hurts, and my feet hurt, and my head hurts from slamming into the sides of a ride called "The Iron Wolf". My gas budget was over-estimated by about $40! That's like having free money!

I spent a lot of time looking for a unique, fun souvenir to bring back to ZarahZou. I was very tempted to bring her back one of the urinalalisys cups from our hotel, but I wouldn't want to be caught stealing. The "drinking glasses" in our room had these white plastic covers that made them very much resemble something you pee into to take a drug test. It probably goes without saying that we bought bottles of water to drink. I wonder how she would have enjoyed one of those glasses full of lemonade???

I doubt that many people care, but I had fun. It was nice to get away, and not have to work. Not that there's anything wrong with work, but it's nice to have days off. As soon as I got back, I had to go to the grocery store. We are having steak tonight since I have money left over from the gas budget. It was really nice seeing Josie, I don't think I have seen here in like almost year, even though we e-mail nearly every day, sometimes multiple times a day.

ZarahZou is maybe going to put in her "vacation request" tomorrow. I am anxious to see how those in charge deal with her asking for the next 7 million days off. I wonder if they will try to talk her out of it? Offer her more money? Well, if she decides to forego her vacation, I will pay her a dollar a week, not even in break bucks.

Ok, I am going to be the parent and make my child dinner. I have been feeding her McDonalds and pizza for the last few days, so tonight she is getting steak and salad. Later....

No comments: