Sunday, August 20, 2006

A new paranoia

Well, thanks to ZarahZou, I have a new obsession. That would be staring at floors to make sure that my house isn't sinking. I am constantly looking at the walls/floors/cupboards to make sure that everything is where it should be. This is all because ZarahZou's house broke and was sinking. They (being the builders) have since drilled holes in her floor and pumped a muddy-cementy mixture in order to raise the foundation back to where it should be. If you would like to see pictures, go to http://whycantihave15minutes.blogspot.com/ and scroll down. Her house is only one year old, and the layout is similar to mine. So now I am scared my house is going to fall apart. Especially since my bathtub faucet is leaking. While I know the odds of such a thing are low, I didn't have enough to worry about (teenage daughter, crappy job, mortgage, debt) that I decided I should be concerned about my house's foundation.

My brother got a job at Target. The oil change place he worked at went out of business, so he needed a new job. DISCOUNT! Once he actually starts, I'll have to find out the discount policies. I know that they are non-transferable, but maybe he could do my Christmas shopping for me.

The dear MissZalyssa popped her airbed. So we were going to buy her a new mattress, but instead we decided to de-mold the one that is in our garage. Then she will get the waterbed she always wanted. The mold isn't too bad, and we should be able to just use a sponge and bleach and clean it. And then let it dry before we take it upstairs. And we'll need to be very careful with the water when we are filling it so it doesn't get moldy again.

We had "Stuff in a pan" made with Chorizo for breakfast. Yummy!

Ok, off to finish watching the Connecticut-Washington WNBA game......

1 comment:

Gaft Girl said...

If you need a new and better hobby, you could try watching paint dry. Watching the floor sink gets old, fast.