Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Footloose and Fancy Free.....

So I think we have already established that I think I have a near-genius level IQ, right? But sometimes the simplest things just absolutely confuse the heck out of me. Today I was quoting a wind and hail application in Georgia. And I could not figure out how many 1000's are in 25,000. This is simple, basic, 2nd grade math! I can solve complex algebra problems, but I apparently can't add 2 + 2. I spent nearly 10 minutes trying to decide if the answer was 25 or 250, based on some kind of insane logic regarding decimal points and the thousandth place, neither of which apply to the conversion.

5 minutes prior to my inability to function without a calculator, I was leading a training session via conference call explaining the complexities and variations in commercial insurance markets. And on the success scale of 1-10, the session was at least an 11.5. Maybe even a 12. Because occasionally I am awesome.

Sometimes people just leave you wondering and shaking your head. And sometimes I'm the person that leaves people wondering and shaking their head. At least head shaking burns calories!!

I am having a really, really good hair day! After donating nearly 12 inches of hair, I thought it was going to be a long while before I loved my hair again. But today it did exactly what I wanted it to. Whenever I wish it was long enough for a ponytail, I remember that maybe some kid got an awesome new wig out of my donation and then I know I can wait for a ponytail!

Oh! My new shoes. I am sooooooooooo in love with them! I can't wait for sandal weather. If ever there were 2 pairs of shoes that screamed ZENNIEZOU!, these are them!





No comments: