Friday, May 06, 2016

And if you really try, you'll find there's no need to cry....

So, yes, a second blog post for this beautiful Friday. My Facebook is flooded with posts about Mothers Day, and that got me thinking. Because I think a lot. Sometimes too much. Anyhow, there's a part of me that knows my mom monitors my blog from Heaven, and so I wanted to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. Some years the holiday makes me sad. But this year I'm not letting it! I'm choosing to celebrate what was instead of mourning whats gone.

She'd want that. She would want me to be happy. My mom was the most selfless, giving, caring, kind person I've ever known. And I can only aspire to be a fraction as wonderful as her. And I know she would not want me to be sad. And I can only pray that she understands that I'm trying to be happy and that everything I do is in pursuit of happiness. She may not approve of some of my choices, but I think she'd understand. And I know she'd want me to find peace and joy. And I think maybe I finally have. I think I'm finally working on true happiness.

Anyhow, Mom, this song is for you. It reminds me of your generous, giving heart. Thank you for teaching me, guiding me, forgiving me, lecturing me, and all of the other wonderful things you did to make me who I am.




No comments: