Wednesday, May 04, 2016

I got to give credit where credit is due.....

So last night I lost my first game of scrabble ever. I could come up with excuses like I let him win or I drew bad letters. (It is very hard to score a lot of points when you have all vowels!). But the truth is that M won fair and square. It really wasn't even a close game. He hit a 100+ point word early on and I just couldn't catch up. I think we are very well matched skill-wise and now are just figuring out how the other person plays. Him understanding my playing style is helping him, while me understanding his is making it harder for me because I'm trying to play like he does and I just can't. I play with shorter, medium to high scoring words. He likes to play longer words and is always looking for 7 letter options for the bonus. And if you pick up an extra 50 points 2 or 3 times a game, it makes it really hard to keep up.

Anyhow, I think I've met my match. M is a very, very good player and I think we are going to end up taking turns winning. And that's how it should be!! I don't always need to win. And it's probably good for me to lose every now and then!!!

Thank you for the fantastic time and there will be many, many more rematches!!!




No comments: