Friday, July 17, 2015

Is love so fragile And the heart so hollow.......

It's Friday! I love Friday's because when I get to work, I am the only one here. And it's so quiet. On Fridays I don't even need to be here until 7:15 instead of 6:30, and most people don't get in until 8. So I have the place to myself.  And I get to leave at 2:30!! That is the best part about a 38.75 hour work week.

Until recently, I never realized exactly how important music is to me. There are some songs that say things that words just can't express. And yes, I know that songs contain lyrics, which are words. But sometimes you just can't say what you are feeling. But a song can. and then there are the songs that really make you feel not so alone in whatever you are going through.

Last night I was looking for a picture from one of the Princesses birthday parties when she was like 10. I wanted to find the picture because I know that my hair was just past shoulder length and absolutely fabulous. And I want to cut it/grow it like that again. I didn't find the picture. But I found a lot of other memories. Things I didn't know I had kept for 25 years. I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff over the years, but there are some things I've held on to. And they are the most special things ever. And I'm at a point where I can look back and not feel the heartbreak and pain associated with them, only the hope and love from way back then.

The Princess was not born into ideal circumstances, 2 messed up teenagers struggling to figure themselves out, balancing school and jobs and parenthood. But she was born to 2 people who really, truly loved her and each other. There are a lot of things I doubt from my teenagers years. But I do not doubt that.  And we did the best we could. Alyssa, I love you more than you could possibly comprehend and you are the single greatest thing that has ever happened to me.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew4pMpzC5B8

No comments: