Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Let them say we're crazy, What do they know?

It's Tuesday!!! And I just spent nearly 2 hours in my car driving to work. It was like a winter snow storm commute in July.

So my wonderful friend Ggg suggested I write a novel. He had no way of knowing that this has always been one of my dreams, and that I have started many novels. Some fiction and some the painful truth. I am so fortunate to have his encouragement, and with that I may actually get it done.

Like my blog, even if no one reads it, I have things to say. Things that need to be said. Everyone has a story. And maybe mine will inspire someone. Or entertain someone. Or just give someone something to do on a Saturday. We shall see where the story takes me, as I'm being pulled in two different directions. All I know is that I don't want it to be a sob story, because my life is not a sob story. I've gone through stuff. I've had my heart broken, I've been hurt in unspeakable ways, I've had to fight both inner and outer demons. But despite that, I have also persevered. I've lived to tell, so to speak.

I also need to say a huge thank you to Ggg, who unknowingly helped me through one of the most difficult times of the year yesterday. Emailing with him and listening to the songs he sent me proved to be just the distraction I needed before I made that dreaded phone call to wish my dad a Happy Birthday. I love my dad, and he really has been a terrific father. But this phone call is so hard because I never know where his mind will be at on his birthday. He made it clear 6 years ago when my mom died (on his birthday) that he never wanted to celebrate it again. But I can't not call him.

I'm happy to say that time really has healed, and he spent the afternoon out playing cards. And he didn't sound sad, which is a really good thing. I know it's still hard, it probably always will be. But we are definitely moving forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBQVrCflZ_E

No comments: