Monday, August 03, 2015

And usually it's too late when you realize what you had.....

It's Monday, and today I am thankful for coffee and advil. I went out last night with Becky and we took full advantage of 2 for 1's. We started with whiskey 7's and then she switched to tequila and I switched to rum and diet coke. There wasn't much more than a splash of diet coke in my drinks. I may be a tad bit hungover today. But I had a really good time. And a big thank you to her boyfriend for picking us up!!

So I started moving forward on this whole novel writing thing. I'm not sure what I expected the process to be like, but it's quite painful. As in, it brings back a whole lot of the past. Some good memories, some bad. I'm still not sure what my end game is with this, but I feel like I need to find out. My friend AB texted me over the weekend that life is like a book, and I need to not skip chapters and just let the story unfold. Its funny that he said that, since he has no idea I'm in the process of writing a novel. But it makes total and complete sense to just let this all unfold and go where it will. But I so suck at letting things unfold naturally. I like to skip ahead. I read magazines from back to front, I wikipedia TV shows to see see whats going to happen in the later seasons, I can't help but try to rush things. But there are some things that require patience, and I'm trying!

Before I get to far along, I need to talk with Ggg about it. He is a very significant part of my past, and he is someone I want to read what I'm writing. I'm 5 chapters in, and I want to share it with him. But not until after I talk with him about it. I think this is going to be a life changing experience for me, and it's a little scary. But I'm also excited about the journey. I feel like by the end, I'm going to finally understand myself in a new way. and I so hope that's a good thing!!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyhMgXmR3w4

No comments: