Monday, June 08, 2015

And I have met my destiny in quite a similar way....

ZarahZou's grandparents are steadily improving. Grandpa has been moved out of ICU, so I'm happy for that. They still have a lot of recovering to do, but things are looking up. 


Saturday night I watched Muriel's Wedding for the 10,345th time. It's one of my all time favorite movies. One of the best quotes ever is from that movie:

"But since I've met you and moved to Sydney, I haven't listened to one Abba song. That's because my life is as good as an Abba song. It's as good as Dancing Queen." 


There have been multiple times in my life I've felt that way, that my life was as good as a great song like Dancing Queen. I hope I can find a way to get there again soon, because lately it seems like my life is more like SOS or The Winner Takes It All.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sryOCnuj7c 

Golden State lost last night in OT. Unfortunately (or fortunately??) I fell asleep at half time. I wonder if I will eventually be able to stay awake for a whole game. 


Yesterday I started on the girls kimono shirts. CH picked out a sugar skull fabric and the Princess picked out a floral lace. I'm about half done with CH's, but not sure if I will have time to sew until next weekend. The Princess also asked for a cross body bag out of the sugar skull fabric. I think I can manage that. This whole sewing thing is really out of my comfort zone, and its nice to have projects that push my creativity and (lack of) skill. I'm glad I'm not afraid to try new things.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj_9CiNkkn4

No comments: