Sunday, June 07, 2015

Anyone who's ever had a dream......

My bff ZarahZou and her family need lots of prayers. Her grandparents were in a serious car accident today, and her grandpa is in the ICU. So, ZarahZou, hugs and prayers and love to you.

I just finished watching the movie The Best of Me. I'm at a loss at how to describe it. I pretty much started crying 3 seconds in, and am still feeling a little teary. I mean, WTF! Seriously??!??  I think the ending was supposed to leave you feeling good, love in a complete circle or some crap like that. I just ended up feeling sad and mad. I really wanted the fairy tale ending, and maybe in some ways that's how it did end.  But it was not the ending I wanted. I wanted true love to persevere. And I suppose you could argue that it did. But not in the way I thought it should. I just feel kind of ripped off. I want love to prevail, I want to believe in fate and destiny. And if it doesn't exist in really life, can't it at least exist in Hollywood? (And yes, you could argue that it did exist in the movie, but not the way I wanted it to)

I spent the early part of the day shopping with The Princess and CH. We went to the fabric store, which may very well be my most favoritest place ever.  but now I have 6 yards of lace trim that I decided not to use on the quilt. So what am I going to do with $30 worth of lace?? I need to find a new project.

The girls picked out fabric so I could make them kimono cardigans. I think I will start on those tomorrow. I don't think they realize that I kind of suck at sewing. After that we went to lunch at The Pita Pit. Yum! That may be my new favorite place to eat. It turned out to be an excellent day.

I finished the quilt. I'm happy, well happyish, with how it turned out. The trim could be more even and the stitches could be evenly spaced. But for having no idea what I'm doing, I'm thrilled with the finished product.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHRFZFmEq9o

No comments: