Monday, April 13, 2015

Shine on me sunshine Walk with me world, it's a skippidy doo da day .......

My favorite time of the day is mornings, when I wake up and everything is peaceful and quiet and I am all by myself. No one to disturb me or ask me for anything. Just me, alone with my thoughts and day dreams. Every day is a fresh start, a clean slate. A chance to do better and be better. A new opportunity to help someone, love someone, and to take care of myself.

This is why it makes me so cranky when I go down to the kitchen to make coffee and there is a sink full of dirty dishes that are not mine! All of the positivity and hope that I wake up with dissipates and I am instead faced with the reality that I may very well spend the rest of my life cleaning up after someone else. And the thought of that breaks my heart a little more each morning. Yes, it's just a few dishes. But it's not the dishes, its the sentiment behind them. It's the damper it puts on what should be a beautiful morning.

I do the dishes because who else is going to? And then I have to fight with myself to get back to the place where I am hopeful and excited for a new day and new adventures. Thankfully, I am always able to get back there. But it's exhausting, the back and forth between happiness and feeling defeated. And what would happen if I were unable to get back to the happy place?

So, I will live each day cherishing the happy and banishing the building resentment I feel. I want to be happy all the time. I want every moment of every day to be spent basking in joy, love and peace. And I don't want that tarnished by a few dirty dishes.



.....I'm the happiest girl in the whole U.S.A.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD0L0nyM7OY

No comments: