Monday, April 20, 2015

You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em......

So sometimes you lay all your cards on the table and you lose. The other person folds, and even though you'd win the pot if you were playing poker, you lose when it's not a card game you're playing. If you go all in and take a chance, there is always a risk of losing. And when you don't even know the rules, victory is all but impossible. And you need to know when it's time to get up from the table and walk away. Even when you know it's the right thing to do, it's still a hard thing to do. When you take a gamble, you always risk walking away broke(n). 

Special shout out to my BFF Broker Guy from Cali for the poker analogy. Thank you for being so nice and listening to me as I poured out my soul yet again. And for not judging me for crying, and for being so honest, and even a bit harsh in your assessment. I needed that. I'm glad we've been friends for 5 years so far and that you at least pretend to understand me!! I appreciate your insight! You're the best broker guy ever!!

Some doors just need to be slammed shut so we can go through the next door. If one door is not right, there will always be another. And maybe you return to your very first door because that is the right door after all. It's all a process. And you just have to learn when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em!!! 


Know when to walk away and know when to run

No comments: