Tuesday, May 19, 2015

It's a fool's game, Nothing but a fools game.....

Two more work shifts until NKOTB!!! I'm so excited! I got my Joey T-shirt last night, and I am so excited to wear it. I'm so glad I got it in time!

I took my dryer apart last night. It seems the problem is a broken drum belt, so I ordered a new one online and I am pretty sure I should be able to fix it myself. Because I am just that awesome! And the belt was under $8!! So even if that doesn't make it work, I'm only out a few dollars.

Last night I reconnected with an old friend from high school. Actually, I'm not entirely sure we were more than casual acquaintances in school, but I think we could be friends now! We chatted for about an hour about where life has taken us. Oh! I just remembered that we were on the speech team together in 9th grade. We spent a lot of time together on the bus going to meets.

The speech team was a great experience for me. Everyone always assumes I'm shy because I don't always talk a lot. But the exact opposite has always been true. I have no fears of getting up in front of a group and giving a speech. I started out in serious prose, doing The Giving Tree. But I wasn't really feeling that, so I switched categories and wrote my own speech. It was about moving "across the universe. Well, not the universe, exactly, but across the entire state". I did not ever win anything, but it was a wonderful experience that I'm glad I went through.

Anyhow, KS, I'm glad we got the opportunity to talk and I hope we can be friends. You have always been a lovely, sweet, kind person!

In other news, I'm having one of those moments where I am certain the universe is conspiring against me and wanting me to fail. But I will not. I'm worth way more that!!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ6hKIUvZ9w

No comments: