Friday, May 01, 2015

But if somewhere in the middle's what you're lookin' for......

It's Friday!! And I get to wear jeans and leave work at 10:30. This would be a great day if it wasn't for the fact that B is moving back to Cali today. I'm dropping her off at the airport and then I get to go home and deal with my princess, who is likely to be a sobbing mess since her girlfriend is moving a billion miles away. And on top of that, I have to live with the fact that MissAlyssa will be moving to California in just a few short months. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive my baby leaving.

So now I'm stuck reflecting on the past. I've tried my hardest to be the best mom possible. I know I've made mistakes, but I tried. I really did. And I hope when she thinks back she will remember all of the game nights, the endless hours spent on bike rides and at the park, swimming in the ocean, the vacations, the 3 books at every time bedtime, making up the words to songs......

The only thing I really ever did wrong was not be as tough as I should have been. And maybe I was too overprotective. I know this, and I know she probably needed more discipline. But I really did try. And all I ever wanted for her has been accomplished. I wanted her to be a person who would be kind and caring and compassionate with little kids, old people and animals. And she is all that. She has a beautiful heart. And I don't know what else I could ask for. I'm so fortunate to be her mom.

Dammit! Now I'm getting all teary-eyed and she hasn't even left yet! I will most definitely miss B, she's lived with us for 2 years. But I know that the girls need to take the chance and try it on their own. I just need to let her go and find her own way. =(

On a happier note, tomorrow night I am going to go over to C-C-W's and we are finally going to get started on our most brilliant business plan ever!! Obviously I can't go into details on a public blog, but I think out of all of our plans this one is going to be the most fun and most successful! We've had good plans before, but we usually get to drunk to execute them.  But this time, we are determined!! I so love that my best friends are so supportive of my love for glitter and glue sticks!!!



I'm that kind of girl, yeah I'm that kind of girl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-HVP01goE4

No comments: