Sunday, May 10, 2015

We Could Fly So High, Let Our Spirits Never Die....

It's Mothers Day.....one of those days that are both happy and sad. I want it to be a celebration, but I can't help being just a little sad. My mom was truly a wonderful mom. The greatest compliment I've ever received was after she passed away, someone told me that I reminded them of my mom and I was as nice and kindhearted as she was. I only wish that was true!

Since I'm feeling a little blah, I decided I NEEDED to make a list of the wonderful things in my life, the things I am so thankful for. So here goes:

*My wonderful daughter and how caring and thoughtful and kind she is.
*My Faith. Its been a struggle, but I am at a place where I can truly trust in God and his plan.
*My husband who loves me more than anything in the world.
*My family. My dad is a great guy who would do anything to help his kids.
*My friends. I have the two best friends in the entire universe and a bunch of very good friends.
*My Health. Yes, there is the high blood pressure and cholesterol, and I weigh more than I should. And the anxiety and depression. And the bursitis in my hip. And the.....Well, I'm leaving this one on the list because I am able to get out of bed every morning and stand on my own two feet. Even if I do have plantar fasciitis and it feels like I'm stepping on broken glass.
*My job. I know I complain about it, but I am so fortunate to have not just a job, but a career. A successful career that I'm really good at.
*Having enough money to buy everything we need and a lot of things we want. We are by no means rich, but we have more than enough. And we are so lucky for that.
*My home. Yes, I wish we had a 2 car garage and a basement and more storage. But our house is within our budget, its a place to live, and it's ours!!!
*Music. Where would I be without it?
*My problem solving ability and my lack of fear in undertaking new projects. Not very many people would just decide to rewire their furnace and move the thermostat across the room. Or re-do all of the floors in their house by themselves. But me, I will tackle any project!
*Tabby-Wabby. Although she is the biggest brat in the universe, she is overall a pretty good cat.
*My car. Its old, but its paid for. This is the longest I've ever had a car, and as much as I complain about it, I've had few problems (knock on wood) with it.

Hopefully next time I'm having a bad day I can look back at this list and know that I have so much to be happy about. I may have lost people, but I have so much left in my life.

It seems like every year holidays get harder and harder without my mom here. Maybe part of it is the guilt because I know she would not be very happy about some of the choices/mistakes I've made. But I know that her love, acceptance, and understanding was always unconditional and that she would take my side every single time. Even when I was clearly wrong.

The past few weeks have been especially challenging, but I think I am in a good place mentally and will celebrate the day with a few of my favorite things: coffee, leftover pizza, diet coke, and spending time with my daughter. And maybe a movie or something on netflix. Or a trip to the fabric store to get the rest of the stuff I will need for the blanket I'm making for C-H's baby. Or I might make some note cards. Or go tanning. Or go for a walk. I have so many options!!!

I love you and miss you Mom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWf-eARnf6U

No comments: